Well Karachi Kings is the most power charged team in PSL. For some they couldn’t perform well in previous both editions of PSL. But this year no team can stop us from bringing the title to Karachi, says the owner of KK Salman Iqbal. Mr Salman Iqbal has great attachment with cricket. He has done a lot to promote and nurture domestic cricket in Pakistan. His love for this sport was the reason he bought the franchise of Karachi Kings.
For the third season KK have the ideal team who can put on a stellar performance. They made quite unexpected moves as far as retaining players. Last edition players who will be featuring for KK this year are: Usman Khan, Usama Mir, Ravi Bopara, Babar Azam and our national superstar Mohammad Amir.
Kings have a new captain, Imad Wasim. He has been a regular member of our national team for the past year. And put on some great performances in this T20 format.
The biggest news for the Kings side is legendary all-rounder Shahid Afridi joining the team. Yes Mr BOOM BOOM will be hitting sixes for the Karachi Kings this season.
Coming to the draft pick of Karachi Kings, they have brought in Colin Ingram, Mitchell Johnson and brilliant opener Luke Wright. Other players include David Wiese, Tabish Khan, Mohammad Irfan Jr, Hasan Mohsin. In supplementary players Englands Eoin Morgan will be featuring in all the matched being played in UAE. Six out of seven international players have agreed to play all the matches taking place in Pakistan.
Mickey Arthur, Coach of the South African team will be managing Kings this season. Whereas Mushtaq Ahmed will be alongside Mickey to assist him.
This is the KK team for PSL 2018:
- Coaches: Mickey Arthur, Mushtaq Ahmed, Azhar Mehmood, Rashid Latif
- Batsman: Eoin Morgan, Lendl Simmons (replaced Colin Munro), Babar Azam, Khurram Manzoor, Colin Ingram, Hassan Mohsin
- Bowlers: Mohammad Amir, Usama Mir, Usman Khan, Tabish Khan, Tymal Mills (replaced Mitchell Johnson), Mushtaq Ahmed
- Wicket keepers: Mohammad Rizwan, Saifullah Bangash
- Allrounders: Imad Wasim (captain), Shahid Afridi, Ravi Bopara, David Wiese, Mohammad Taha, Joe Denly (replaced Luke Wright), Mohammad Irfan Jr.
Bahria Town and Bridge Power are the official partner of Karachi Kings. Sheild, OYEHOYE, Vital Tea, Pepsi, Brighto Paints, Super Star and Naya Nazimabad have also sponsored Kings. Pakistan Observer are the print partners, Radio Awaz and Apna Karachi Fm are radio partner, Yayvo.com have signed up as their all merchandise partner.